Final Evaluation: One Stop Service: Integrated Services for Violence against Women Survivors and Women Living with HIV (Indonesia)
Authors/editor(s): Sinta Dewi
Grantee: Indonesian Positive Women’s Network (IPPI)
Grant Period: 1 December 2013 – 3 November 2015
Grant Amount: $206,358
The Indonesian Positive Women’s Network implemented the initiative “One Stop Service: Integrated Services for Violence against Women Survivors and Women Living with HIV” in partnership with ResultinHealth. The project worked at three inter-related levels:
- on policy, it reviewed HIV/AIDS guidelines related to violence against women services;
- on service delivery, it developed capacity with service providers to strengthen policy implementation; and
- in the community, it worked to reduce stigma.
Main findings of the evaluation:
- The project helped initiate integrated services for HIV and the elimination of violence against women through partnerships with key national and provincial stakeholders.
- It significantly contributed to the National Action Plan 2015-2019 and the National AIDS Commission, ensuring inclusion of ending violence against women and promoting gender equality.
- Several memorandums of understanding signed or nearly signed to improve services available to women living with HIV and survivors of gender-based violence highlighted the project’s potential sustainability.
- The project enhanced knowledge, awareness and skills of front line staff to deal with HIV and gender-based violence.
Subject area(s): Ending violence against women and girls; Domestic violence/interpersonal violence; Service delivery; Gender equality and women’s empowerment; Gender equality and inequality; Governance and national planning; Health; HIV and AIDS; Care and support services; Monitoring and evaluation; Trust funds; UN Trust Fund to End Violence against Women; Partnerships; Government contributors
Resource type: Evaluation reports
Publication year: 2016
Publishing entities: United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women)