Final Evaluation: Promote women's access to social and legal services in the West Bank and East Jerusalem (State of Palestine)
Location: State of Palestine
Grantee: Women Centre for Legal Aid and Counselling
Grant Period: 1 March 2017 to 29 February 2020
Grant Amount: USD 415,735
Evaluation library summary:
Women Centre for Legal Aid and Counselling designed and implemented the three-year project “Promote women's access to social and legal services in the West Bank and East Jerusalem”, aiming to end gender-based violence through increased access to social, legal and protection rights. The project had two main objectives:
- Make protection available and accessible to 1,215 women as well as social and legal support to end gender-based violence.
- Equip Palestinians with skills to advocate for ending gender-based violence in their communities in the West Bank and East Jerusalem.
Main findings of the evaluation:
- Awareness raising work, including through leaders, resources and culture engagement, contributed to the project becoming a unique model of combined social and legal support to end gender-based violence.
- The project was highly relevant to the needs of beneficiaries, national plans and the work of implementing partners.
- The project met its target of providing legal support, through representation in Shari'a, civil and ecclesiastical courts, and social counselling to 450 women in the West Bank and East Jerusalem.
Geographic coverage: Arab States/North Africa Palestine, State of
Subject areas: Ending violence against women and girls Gender equality and women’s empowerment Monitoring and evaluation Trust funds UN Trust Fund to End Violence against Women Women’s rights
Resource type(s): Evaluation reports
Publishing entity/ies: United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women)