Cluster Evaluation of three UN Trust Fund-supported projects in North Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia
Authors/editor(s): Dr Marija Babovic and Dr Ratislav Vrbensky
Location: North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia
Grantees: SOS Hotline for Women and Children Victims of Violence, Niksic; Women's Forum–Tetovo; Center for Girls
Grant period: 1 March 2017 – 29 February 2020
Grant amount: USD113,760; USD124,991; USD74,302
This independent, final evaluation is of three small grant projects implemented in Europe and Central Asia by organizations that contributed in their own way:
- Center for Girls in Serbia focused on prevention;
- Women’s Forum–Tetovo in Montenegro combined campaigning with supporting survivors; and
- SOS Hotline for Woman and Children Victims of Violence, Niksic in Macedonia combined campaigning with supporting survivors and coordinating essential services.
Main findings of the evaluation:
- Some interventions were innovative and greatly helped to achieve results, including door-to-door campaigning in northern Montenegro; providing awareness-raising initiatives, legal support, economic empowerment and self-help support to women survivors of violence in Tetovo region, Montenegro; and peer-led workshops with girls at high school in Serbia.
- Project designs were based on in-depth knowledge about diverse stakeholder groups, particularly women and girls as primary beneficiaries.
- The projects enhanced protection services and improved systems for responding to violence against women and girls through multi-sectoral coordination mechanisms, improved capacity of professionals and better service standards.
Full Report: English
Subject area(s): Ending violence against women and girls; Communications and media; Gender equality and women’s empowerment; Women’s rights; UN Trust Fund to End Violence against Women; Trust funds; Youth; Women’s movements; Human rights
Resource type: Evaluation reports
Publication year: 2020
Publishing entities: United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women)