Final Evaluation: Women human rights defenders´ holistic approach to end gender-based violence in a challenging context in Lebanon
Grantee: Kvinna till Kvinna
Grant period: 1 March 2017 – 29 February 2020
Grant amount: USD 500,000
Kvinna till Kvinna implemented the project “Women human rights defenders' holistic approach to end gender-based violence in a challenging context in Lebanon” for three years in Beirut and Bekaa, including in Palestinian camps.
The project focused on:
- strengthening partners’ organizational and service delivery capacities through training, staff care, stress management, resource development and working with men and women; and
- creating referral networks.
Main findings of the evaluation:
- Both partner organizations, KAFA and Association NAJDEH, ensured that gender-sensitive and human rights-centred approaches were applied in their interventions, including by respecting local customs and belief systems.
- NAJDEH’s protection and referral networks were tailored to the environment of the Palestinian camps in which they operate, and built trust with women survivors and those at risk of gender-based violence as well as with men.
- 100% of NAJDEH and 97% of KAFA beneficiaries said that the assistance they received improved their life, including through positive changes in men’s behaviour.