Final Evaluation: Establishment of the Women's Support Group and improving of the shelter in Kulob city (Tajikistan)
Authors/editor(s): Rahmonberdieva N.J.; Qarshiboev N.S.
Grantee: Najoti Kudakon
Grant period: 1 January 2015 – 31 December 2016
Grant amount: USD106,295
Najoti Kudakon implemented the “Establishment of the Women's Support Group and improving of the shelter in Kulob city” project for three years in Tajikistan in partnership with Dunyoi Kudakon. The project sought to improve access to basic integrated services in a safe house for women facing domestic violence, inform women of their rights, and promote gender equality and women’s empowerment. It also aimed to create women’s support groups in six districts to:
- give information to local communities;
- share resources and provide referral support to the safe house for survivors of violence; and
- offer a platform for dialogue and consultation.
Main findings of the evaluation:
- Women's awareness of Tajikistan’s “On Prevention of Domestic Violence” law significantly increased.
- The project created 12 women’s support groups in six districts and trained 90 women from the new groups, who can now support others.
- The training ensured that the support groups are sustainable.
- Local communities recognize, trust and understand the mission of the support groups.
Subject area(s): Ending violence against women and girls; Domestic violence/interpersonal violence; Gender equality and women’s empowerment; Gender power relations; Human rights; Rights in marriage; Women’s rights; Monitoring and evaluation; Partnerships; Civil society; Trust funds; UN Trust Fund to End Violence against Women
Resource type: Evaluation reports
Publication year: 2016
Publishing entities: United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women)