Final Evaluation: WAYE – Women and Youth Empowered by Access to Information to Protect their Rights and Improving Service Delivery to Protect their Health (Fiji)
Grantee: Medical Services Pacific
Grant Period: December 2013 – November 2016
Grant Amount: USD117,000
Medical Services Pacific implemented the project “WAYE – Women and Youth Empowered by Access to Information to Protect their Rights and Improving Service Delivery to Protect their Health” in response to the gap in services and education for the victims of or those affected by violence against women and girls. The initiative sought to:
- increase public awareness and improve access to sexual reproductive health services for 25,150 women and girls in Fiji; and
- strengthen mechanisms to prevent violence and provide adequate victim support services.
Main findings of the evaluation:
- The programme significantly contributed to combating violence against women and girls through prevention and protection measures.
- The engagement of multiple stakeholders improved mutual understanding of and opportunities for joint action and collective solutions.
- Formal agreements were renewed and signed with project partners at the end of the project.