Final Evaluation: Integrated Response to Gender-Based Violence against Women in Serbia
Grantee: UN Country Team, Serbia
Period: November 2012 to October 2015
Grant amount: $999,648
Publication description.The goal was to create a social and institutional environment that would contribute to reducing violence against women in Serbia.
Main findings of the evaluation:
- visibly influenced school staff and professionals working with women in the target centres, sensitizing them to issues of gender equality and gender-based violence so they can recognize peer and other forms of gender-based violence;
- contributed significantly to the building of an integrated response to violence against women by the UN Country Team in Serbia, the Serbian Government and development partners;
- improved capacities of key stakeholders to implement measures to address violence against women;
- built strong partnerships between the UN, responsible governmental authorities and civil society;
- worked continuously to address the challenges reflected in changing public discourse, including addressing traditional family values that harm women survivors;
- increased awareness of the need to approach boys and girls differently; and
- achieved a change in the attitudes of boys and girls towards gender-based violence as a result of the programme activities in schools.