Final Evaluation: “Building Bridges of Life for the Women Survivors of Domestic Violence in Azerbaijan”
Authors/editor(s): Ms. Turana A. Aliyeva
Grantee: Azerbaijan Young Lawyers’ Confederation
Period: January 2016 to December 2017
Grant amount: $420,000
Description: The project was designed to contribute to government efforts to eliminate gender-based violence. Its main aim was to offer women and girls in the Absheron region better protection against and responses to domestic violence through community support, including by introducing a sustainable shelter and other services.
Main findings of the evaluation:
- the project established a model to provide support and referrals to survivors of gender-based violence;
- 448 women received support, nearly double the target number;
- over 100 women participated in economic empowerment training, of which nearly a third went on to set up their own business;
- 10 staff at the shelter were trained by international experts; and
- thousands of people attended information sessions on the causes and consequences of gender-based violence.
Resource type: Evaluation reports
Publication year: 2018