UN Trust Fund grants
What the grants do
- Support women’s grass-roots and other civil society organizations.
- Nurture innovation.
- Mobilize key people, groups and constituencies at community, national and international levels.
- Raise awareness about violence against women and girls.
- Advocate for implementation of laws grounded in human rights standards.
- Promote access to services for survivors of violence.
- Develop the capacity of grant beneficiaries to continue to make progress.
The grant system
The UN Trust Fund to End Violence against Women awards grants to governments, NGOs, and, in 2008-2013, to UN Country Teams. The recipients then engage diverse individuals, groups and sectors to take action to stop violence against women and girls. Those engaged to take action include women’s, adolescents’ and youth groups; indigenous communities; religious and traditional leaders; human rights organizations; and the media.