In Focus: UN Trust Fund activities during the 62nd session of the Commission on the Status of Women
On 9th March, the UN Trust Fund and Shiva Foundation hosted a one day conference focused on collaborating across sectors to end human trafficking. The event brought together the hospitality industry, the private sector, civil society, Government representatives and UN colleagues to discuss and plan joint efforts to end this human rights violation. Read about this event, watch the morning panels on Facebook (Panel 1; Panel 2) and see the video about the results of UN Trust Fund grantee ASTRA which is working on ending trafficking in Serbia.
During the two weeks of the CSW62, the UN Trust Fund organized a Brownbag Series to showcase the successes and results of the grantees, and to provide a global platform for the grantees’ insights on what works in ending violence against women programming in different contexts. In total, 12 grantees presented their results in 5 sessions. More than 3,000 people watched these sessions online:
- “Bridging humanitarian and development assistance” discussed projects in Jordan and Iraq working to end violence against women in the context of the current forced displacement and refugee crisis. Read more about these projects and watch the recording of this session here.
- Women’s Justice Initiative (WJI) works to ensure Mayan women in rural Guatemala have access to justice. Read the story here and click here to watch the Executive Director of WJI discuss the project during the second Brownbag session .
- Watch the third session here on Facebook, which explored Gender and Transparency in Development Assistance working to end violence against women and girls.
- The UN Trust Fund and grantees place a strong focus on the role that evidence plays in increasing and sustaining investments in projects to prevent and end violence against women and girls. Our fourth brownbag discussed how to use data and evidence to effectively scale-up, replicate and sustain project results. Read more about this discussion, and watch the session on Facebook.
- The fifth session introduced our grantee Equality China and their project. You can watch the recording on Facebook.
Watch recordings of all the sessions on Facebook.